Owners of the HTC One have definitely come across problems or complications that are confusing and difficult to solve. In this case, undergoing a hard reset on the HTC One is something we recommend. Doing so, brings the device back to its initial condition – the condition when you switched your HTC One on for the first time.
Hard Reset is also known as factory reset or master reset. After you complete the hard reset, your Google account, personal data such as contacts, email, profile, messages, calendar events and many more, system and application data & settings, downloaded apps and files such as photos, videos, music and documents will be deleted completely. You need to make sure you backup all files and data before conducting the hard reset.
HTC One Hard Reset – Using Settings
- Tap Backup and Reset by going to Settings.
- Then Tap Reset phone.
- If you want to delete everything on the HTC One, choose Erase all data.
- Tap OK.
How to Reset the HTC One – Using Hardware Buttons
For those who cannot turn on their HTC One or can’t access settings, a hard reset can still be performed using the hardware buttons.
- Important: The Fast boot option in Settings > Power must not be selected.
- Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then press and hold the POWER button.
- Release the buttons when you see the three Android images on the screen.
- Select FACTORY RESET by pressing the VOLUME DOWN buttons, and then press the POWER button to choose.
Watch the Video Below For More Info